Saturday, October 22, 2011

Homemade No Sew Princess Costume

Homemade No Sew Princess Costume

So to finish out the 3 Baers costumes this year little Miss Baby Baer was transformed into a Princess. this costume was completely no sew. BUT....I must say I did not make the tu-tu. I had a tu-tu that someone had given me for her and we just used the tu-tu and created the colors and costume around that. Tu-Tu's are big these days so I figure a lot of people have them already. If so use it! And create the costume colors around the tu-tu.
I have no idea how to make a tu-tu so I can't say if you have to sew it or not. LOL (Just an fyi)
Supplies needed:
Scrapbook paper (glittered style)
1/2 yard tulle
jewel embellishments
glitter glue
foam craft wands
foam stickers
I got the foam stickers, ribbon, jewels and scrapbook paper all at Walmart in the clearance section. The Foam wands at the dollar tree. The entire cost of this costume was $10.00!!!! (Spending $3.00 on the tulle)
I created the hat by rolling a piece of the scrapbook paper into a tube and sizing it to her head. Leaving a small hole at the top to thread the tulle into. Once it was sized correctly I just stapled it together (The staples will be covered) and decorated with the jewel embellishments and foam stickers. I cut the tulle in half and threaded the tulle into the top of the hat and secrured it to the inside with *packing tape* (shhh....) and then made 2 slits on either side of the hat and threaded a long ribbon that went through and out the other side to secure it to her head (Tied under her chin)
She modeled the hat for me!!!!!
I then just decorated the foam wand with the
jewel embellishments with glitter glue and the
foam stickers.
Super Super Easy! I had ideas of different shirts but the freezing cold temps of PA in October changed my plans. I just put a turtleneck under a onsie that said Little Princess. And then double layered a pair of purple tights under a pair of pink tights. And her costume was totally done!!!!
Check out the other Blog posts for the rest of the fairy tale land and the castle to finish off the trunk or treat theme!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment