Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Beer Battered Fried Zucchini

With the overflow of Zucchini from the garden this year I have tried lots of new recipes with it! This has been my absolute favorite. So, I thought I would share.
1 Large Zucchini
3 Eggs
1 Can/Bottle Beer
1 cup flour
2 cups Bisquik
Salt and Pepper to taste
Oil for frying
Slice your zucchini thinly (but not too thin!)
Mix the 3 eggs, beer, and flour together in a bowl
lay out the bisquick in a pan (I used a cake pan for ease)
Then just dip the zucchini slices into the egg mixture, coat well with the bisquick and fry till golden brown on both sides.
the oil should be deep enough for the "deep fry" effect. Or if you have a deep fryer you could go that route as well. I used a few inches of Canola Oil in the pan and flipped them halfway through.
We loved this recipe! Totally not healthy, but very tasty! Serve with some warm marinara! YUM E!

1 comment: