Thursday, June 16, 2011

Was I THAT mom?

Well, first I must say that going to CHP to visit the Down Syndrome Clinic is really a highlight for me. I love the Dr. there and the Coordinator is one in a million. They are incredible with our children and really love them. I can tell. So, I was eager and happy to go today. I packed up all 3 kids and off we went. Main Campus garage was full, so we had to park in BFE at the Mid Campus garage....No big deal....a little extra walking.
The Day started great, got signed in and called into the Clinic ASAP. Our Clinic Appointment was awesome! I promised the boys McDonalds if they could just be good through our visit. They were good. So we were going to head to McDonalds.
Just as soon as the blood work was done. Oh boy.....That was were the day went to crap. All 3 kids began to Cry and act out. Crying, waiting, crying, waiting, one after the other they cried. My patience was wearing thin. *You're the grown up* I kept telling myself. Yes you're thirsty, yes you're starving, yes you're tired, and yes we've been waiting for an hour (If you count the clinic appt it was over 3 hours waiting)...But you're an adult. You can do this. An hour later I wasn't so sure. running after this kid, chasing that one, grabbing the other one again, rocking the stroller, baby crying, toddler screaming, older child tantrumming.....around and around we went.....
UNTIL....I became THAT mom. You know the one, hair all crazy, eyes glazed over, spit up on her clothes, screaming at her kids....SIT DOWN NOW, YOU SIT HERE...STOP THAT....I MEAN IT!!!!! I drag all 3 screaming kids to the check in lady and proclaim in my nicest possible fake voice imaginable....That I WILL NOT WAIT ANYMORE..."please" (I did say please) give me back my prescription so I can go to a different place to get this blood drawn that won't make me wait for over an hour. I have had ENOUGH of "THESE" children.
So, the lady says...well you're next. *rolling eyes* I say ok...well then lets get to it.
Brother Baer starts crying in fear the moment we walk into the room. Then baby Bear starts. Then Little Baer starts. And somehow in the midst of the madness I am content knowing that the slow people that led me to this depth are now listening to what I was listening to. For the entire time. Both arms and 2 sticks later we get enough blood.
Finally we are done and after searching out the parking pay booth in this crazy garage I finally am free.
*phew* I actually became that mother today. Oiy
So NOTE TO SELF (and you) Don't judge those poor mommas. :) They may have had a day like mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment